The Manufacturing Order Batching feature batches together Manufacturing Orders that have the same BatchGroupName and falls within the same Batching Window. The Batching Window is determined by the batching method used.
- By NeedDate: The Batch Window is set as the earliest need date plus the Batch Window Span, which can be set in Data | MO Batching under “Batch Window Says”
- By ReleaseDate: The Batch Window is set as the earliest release date plus the Batch Window Span.
- Combination of Need Date and Release Date: The need date of the batch is set as the earliest need date among its members. A Manufacturing Order can be added to the batch if its release date is less than the difference between the earliest need date and the Batch Window Span.
To Enable MO Batching:
- In the System Options under the Enable Feature’s tab, enable the Show MO Batching Tab option.
- Set Optimize Options (Plan | Optimize Options) to batch MO’s
- Create a batching definition in Data | MO Batching
- Populate BatchDefinitionName and BatchGroupName on Manufacturing Orders that you’d like to batch.
MO Batching is not compatible with the following features:
- Operation Overlap
- Activity Splitting
- Resource Locking
- Operation “Can Pause for Offline Periods”
- Multitasking Resources
- Can Span Plants
- Locked Plants
- Multiple Alternate Paths